Thursday, November 09, 2006

Riding, Racing & Challenges

It's been a very nice and dry week for riding. Chris, Rock, Mike and I have been out scouting out Sunday's race course a couple of times, and Chris and I met up with Ron and Bill for a ride up into the hills on Wednesday morning.

My ride Saturday will be brief. I'm not sure where and when I'll head out. I think Bill is going on his normal 5 am from TAS 100 km.

Sunday is race day. Duffy, Chris, Michael, Leon, Dave, myself and hopefully others will be meeting at Elspeth's bridge (see Google Earth link at right) for the 4 km hill climb. It's a great informal local race, complete with mountain bike categories. The times to beat from last year are here. Registration starts at 8:15, and the first race heads out at 9:00. Should be a blast!



Next Saturday, Bill, Ron, Leon and I are heading down to Alishan for the last club race of the season. I believe it will be about 75 km, mostly uphill. Should be fun!

Registration for the December 10th Yangmingshan Challenge is available now at Sean's shop. I signed up this evening. Entry fee is 500 NT.

Hope to see you out in the hills!

Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope everyone has a fun, safe and fast race on Sunday morning. The family (including me) are commited to Terry Fox run. Had a nice 101 ride this AM. Lets see the times of the race!

Thanks, Simon Moore