Thursday, November 16, 2006

Another Challenge Ride!

The information for the December 10th Yangmingshan Challenge ride is in a previous post (see below). I gave Sean my 500NT last week and signed up. If you haven't done so yet, get down to Sean's and register!

In the meantime, I've found out about another challenge ride through Taipei County on Saturday, December 2nd. Information and registration form (in Chinese) is available here.

It starts in Banchiao and can be done as either a 160 km circuit ending in Tamshui or a 200 km circuit ending back in Banchiao. This sounds like a long way, but much of the ride is flat.

Ali was kind enough to find an English map of the starting area and a translation of each of the districts on the ride:


The start line is near the Xinpu MRT station. The ride then heads east along Highway 106. Here are the route names translated:

臺北縣縣民廣場-tai2 bei3 xian4 min2 guang3 chang3

板橋-ban3 qiao2

中和-zhong1 he2

新店-xin1 dian4

木柵-mu4 zha4

深坑-shen1 keng1

平溪-ping2 qi1

雙溪-shuang1 qi1

貢寮-gong4 liao2

福隆-fu2 long1

澳底-ao4 di3

龍洞-long2 dong4

瑞芳-rui4 fang1

八堵-ba1 du3

大武崙-da4 wu3 lun2

萬里-wan4 li3

金山-jin1 shan1

石門-shi2 men2

三芝-san1 zhi1

白沙灣-bai2 sha1 wan1

沙崙-sha1 lun2

淡水-dan4 shui3

關渡-quan1 du4

八里-ba1 li3

五股-wu3 gu3

泰山-tai4 shan1

樹林-shu4 lin2

新莊-xin1 zhuang1

板橋-ban3 qiao2

臺北縣縣民廣場-tai2 bei3 xian4 min2 guang3 chang3


The entire route is 200 km, but riders can opt to finish in Tamshui after 160 km. I believe I will do that...

Registration is free but must be completed by November 25th. Please let me know if you need help registering.

I'm off to the Alishan race tomorrow afternoon with Leon, so I think I better go get some sleep...

Jyaio!

Bill

No comments: