Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Greetings from Denmark

A quick hello from Denmark and a please excuse me if I didn't get to
reply all my mails before leaving Taipei. Our last weeks in Taipei
were hectic.

Unfortunately, I did not get to go to watch "Le Tour" in France this
year, but I am benefitting from the great all stage TV coverage we get
here. What a race it has turned out to be!!!! Michael Rasmussen was
fantastic yesterday and today Floyd Landis was absolutely outstanding.
The absence of Lance Armstrong / a clear "patron" of he peleton is
obvious and leaves everything very unpredictable and open. Can't wait
to see how it all turns out but my money is on Floyd.

Today, the race took the riders across the famous Category 1 climb
"Col de la Colombiere" which I rode twice last summer (once with Craig
Johns) and it might interest you all to learn that the climb is quite
comparable to the 101 ride both in lenght and gradient.

On a last note I have become a member of a local cycling club. We go
out 3 times a week in groups of 15-30 riders at the time. 60-100K
rides depending on he group with average speeds of around 28 kph for
the slow group and 34-38 kph for the fastest group. Great group of
people but no mountains :-(

Take care!

Jesper (Vibe-Hansen)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jesper; Thanks for the update, good to hear you are doing well. What is your email these days? Thanks, Simon Moore