Thursday, August 17, 2006

Caution: Slippery Roads!

I suppose I should have learned from Simon's slide out on the way down Helen's last week or Steve's tumble descending from the Saddle in June, but I didn't expect to fall going UP the hill!

I was heading from Four Corners to Starbucks/7-11 on the ridge road yesterday when my rear wheel slid out going around the first sharp right hand bend. The fall wouldn't have been bad, but my left hand got caught under my body. Twelve hours at Veteran's Hospital later, I'm now sporting a nice cast and a broken hand that supposedly will keep me off the bike for the next three months.

So, be careful out there, the roads seem to be particularly slick!

Needless to say, I won't make it on my planned weekend rides. I'll be out as soon as I can...

Bill

No comments: