Monday, August 07, 2006

August 7th Email

If you'd like to be added to the YCC mailing list, please send an email to obrien at williams dot alumni dot edu. Following is the latest email:



Hello cyclists-

Looking for a kick-start to the 2006-07 school year? I know that the early morning Satellites ride did it for me last year (see photo below), and so I'd be up for it again. If you're interested in coming along, I'll be meeting at the Taipei American School main gate Tuesday morning, departing at 5:15 am. The ride takes about an hour and fifteen minutes on a road bike, slightly longer on a mountain bike or if you haven't been riding in the hills for a while... I promise I'll wait for anyone who wants to come along!

A reminder that the cycling blog is available at http://taipeiycc.blogspot.com. If you'd like to make a post (offering a ride, seeking a ride, got some news, something to sell, etc.), just send the post in the body of an email and the title in the subject to yangmingshan.taipeiycc@blogger.com.

If you're looking for a new route, you may want to check out some of the rides in the attached Google Earth file (also available from the blog). If you have placemarks or routes to add, send them to me in an email and I'll update the file...

I'm getting out for an easy spin 5:30 Wednesday and a climb up Da Tuen Shan 5:15 Thursday. I'm planning on a longer climbing ride Saturday at 6 and then something a bit mellower Sunday (Helen's?). I'll be going out on my road bike. If you're interested in joining me on any rides, just send me an email. I'll try to post more details on the weekend rides later in the week.

Hope to see you out in the hills!

Bill

P.S. I know that some of you have left Taiwan and may not be interested in receiving any YCC riding notes. If so, just drop me a note and I'll remove you from the email list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill,
My name is Curt, I met you last spring at Sean's bike shop. I can't seem to get an e-mail through to you, so I thought I would try this. If you are going for a ride on Saturday (Aug.12) I would like to come along. If this is OK send me an e-mail at curtfarnham@hotmail.com.
Hope to hear from you,
Curt