Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hazards of Roof Bike Rack in Taipei

I will keep this brief. Imagine you had just taken your bike in to Sean’s shop for a tune up, strapped it back on the roof and took off, daydreaming about the next climb. It’s a beautiful February day on Taiwan, and the furry, blustering grass of Chi Xing Shan (Chi Hsin Shan) is in full view, nothing but green and blue as you look to the skies around Taipei. Well, as I thought to myself, it looks like a great day for Bailaka (101). I turn the corner through an alley, all the sudden; BOOM I hear a sound that makes my stomach drop. I look in my rear view mirror; all I see is broken glass. I then look in my side view mirror, all I see is my bike dangling from a power line. The good news is, the weather held, my back window is repaired and me and my bike had a nice ride up Bailaka yesterday evening just in time for a splendid sunset over the Taiwan Strait. Sorry, no picture, the driver behind me was in a hurry, so he got out and pulled my bike off the power line. Any one interested in an on the roof bike rack???

 

Jack Whiteford

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever wonder what it's like to live and work in Maryland? Well, let me tell you it's a great place live and raise a family. If you are looking for more information on Roofing Tool try going to 1stplaceroofing.com and you'll be pleasantly surprised...

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a great place to live at some point in time and Maryland is fantastic. If you are looking for Red Roof Inn Michigan make sure have all the resources at your fingertips.

The website 1stplaceroofing.com has a great informational directory on Red Roof Inn Michigan so you can find exactly what you need.

Ashlee Dyer said...

I enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing