Sunday, March 04, 2007

Awesome Weather - It's riding time - Sunday recap

Well, I don't usually post ride recaps - but I just had to today. For family reasons I had to get out early - so I headed out Satellites from where I live in DaZhi. Oh my - what awesome weather. If you've been a dormant rider waiting to get back out, now is the time - great time to get back into things before Taiwan heats up and gives you any more excuses not to ride again.

Heading back down Satellites toward the Palace road I first met Brent Loken on his way up - he's getting back into the swing in preparation for "Test of Metal" this summer in Squamish, BC. This is one of the major such events - the event was sold out in 45 minutes (1000+ entries). If you're into x-country or trail mtb-ing style, then you have to do this type of an event once in your life. It's absolutely grueling - an incredible challenge (roadies who think they know what a climb is - give off-road climbing a shot and make your call).

Shortly after passing Brent, Tom Broughton was a few minutes behind Brent. Once on the Palace road, I then saw Brenda Huff heading on up. I didn't count, but on the way down Satellites and home through the DaZhi tunnel, I passed at least 100 riders on the way - it was inspiring. Just before getting to the tunnel, Bill O'Brien's gang of 4 was headed up Helen's (Simon M., Curt F., and Davy).
see you on the road - dave

No comments: